Monday, December 7, 2009

Art Event #3: Vocal and Jazz Ensemble Joint Concert

















It is always great to see fellow classmates displaying their talents on stage! At these event I recognized some familiar faces singing and playing instruments. The first part of the concert was a vocal performance, I recognized Christopher from my GESS class and MUSC class, and Kelsey I met at the dorms. The following part was a Jazz performance, with David and Christopher again on the mic. And they did such a great job!

This event took place today, December 7th 2009 in Arts 111 at 7pm. I felt really happy after seeing this event. The singers sang classic songs like "Stand By Me" and a song by Steve Wonder. 

During this time in my life I really am getting into instrumental music. So hearing the Jazz performance felt like I was listening to my iPod. They played some songs that I recognized by the accredited John Coltrane. 

Seeing this event really reaffirmed my appreciation for the Arts and wish more people appreciate the Arts and what it can produce. 

There was a few technical difficulties with sound, and a few off keys from some singers, overall I enjoyed the performances. 

I learned about a pioneer of bee bop I believe his name was Dizzy. I could be wrong, I forgot to write it down. But I'll be googling it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!