Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Art Event # 4: Dance 324 Show

All I can say is, students on this campus are amazing artists. This show took place on the CSUSM campus, December 10th, 2009 at 2pm in ART 101 (as seen on the flyer). The event emphasized dance and film. From remote trio dances to Shawdow Dancing. These students took a cross-cultural and interdisciplinary focus on these clips of music videos. 

I definitely can see and appreciate the output of the usage of film to convey a message. After taking a film studies class I understand the film production process. This goes back to the importance of the field of Graphic Design and the importance of output and messages needed to be conveyed. Although art does not have to weigh in the technical aspect, seeing this event helped me understand the importance of output. 

 Within my own work, the usage of music and the emotions and imagery that can develop from the rhythmic flow. I know that when I listen to music images always come into my mind. And seeing this event inspired me to see the rhythms of music to interpret into art. Whether it be a flyer, flash illustration, or stop film clip. 

In viewing this event, I saw Filipino traditional dancing, and that was the first time that I have ever seen that type of dance. Which is vaguely  pathetic because I am part Filipino ethnically, guess that means I might be researching into my own identity and heritage. 

My only criticism for this event would be to the Remote Dance, I guess I just wished for a little more creatively, but other than that all of the projects that I was able to view I enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!